Pages

21 June 2017

Dixie praise

Matt is safely home again, and we're all very glad to have him!  He had a fantastic time in Greenwood...lots of great meetings and lots of areas that need help, lots of men and women from around the world coming together to talk about how to share the Gospel better.  Good, good stuff, and he is thoroughly worn out!
On our Father's Day without him, we walked a mile to church, and were blessed by a great service with an emphasis on thanking Sunday school teachers.  The sanctuary was decked out in bright red plates, and as we worshipped I was blessed with the knowledge that stained glass and comfy pews are no more pleasing in His sight than rusty chairs and Dixie plates.

The team left some sidewalk chalk, which is always the girls very favorite thing...

Oh these girls!  They keep me busy and laughing.  And cleaning.  And cleaning.

Yesterday night I was doing dishes, and Nora had colored all over her baby doll with chalk.  She brought it to me and showed me, telling me that "baby bath."  I nodded, and she gets into the Tupperwear cabinet and disappears.  A few moments later I finish, come out to the coffee table and see her bathing her little baby in one of my bowls, pouring water on its head and happily telling me, "Baby. Bath!"

I told her how cute she was until I realized that her big sisters were outside playing and not around to give her water...and I certainly didn't give her water...and then watched as she headed for the bathroom, dripping water all the way, to get some more water.

From the low child sink.

Otherwise known as the toilet.   She is SO sweet.  And SO bad.

I am VERY thankful to have Daddy home :)

O Chambers for the day was such a good and humbling word...

How long is it going to take God to free us from the unhealthy habit of thinking only about ourselves? We must get to the point of being sick to death of ourselves, until there is no longer any surprise at anything God might tell us about ourselves. We cannot reach and understand the depths of our own meagerness. There is only one place where we are right with God, and that is in Christ Jesus. Once we are there, we have to pour out our lives for all we are worth in this ministry of the inner life.








No comments:

Post a Comment