Pages

16 July 2015

take heart.

Most often, it is only His words through His Word that change everything for me.

But today, it was His words through one of His children that simply and sweetly and completely reshaped.  

I can't even share many details or sum up easily what it is about this email that has lifted curtains and converted my spirit.  

As she shares her prayers with me (which alone blesses me so greatly...to be shared with in return) I see such TRUST in them.  There is much not right in the world, and yet, she trusts Him.  Completely. Continually.  Handing all the broken things, over and over and fully, to her God, with trust.  

So much should make her sad.  And it does.  And even that, she takes again and again and gives Him, with hope, with patience, with trust.

She thanks me for sharing my struggles, which have all felt more like great blessings than burdens since receiving her email.  

"You and I are so blessed," she concludes, "because we have a living God to trust in.  We have a body of believers near and far to take heart in.  Take heart, and I will take heart as well."

I have a living God to trust in.  

That is it.  That is what changes everything.  

I had, somewhere along the way, kind of forgotten that somehow.  

She reminds me.  

I remind you.

You and I are so blessed.  We have a living God to trust in.  We have a body of believers near and far to take heart in.

Take heart, tonight, dear one.  I will take heart as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment