Pages

04 June 2015

somehow, four.

Somehow, it's official.  My baby's had her golden birthday, four today.  I don't know where it's gone!  She's grown up so much, and yet Sofie has been so Sofie from the start and continues to b--so ornery, so passionate, so decided, so loving, such a snuggler, adoring of her big sister and a Daddy's girl, so quick to melt, so quick to share, so quick to forgive, so quick to show compassion.



Though she had her party with Uncle Adam and Aunt Lisa last week and birthday dinner with Grandpa and Miss Cindy last night, I couldn't bear passing the day alone at home without doing SOMETHING special...so she picked the zoo, and the three of us and 33 week old Nora spent the day passionately, from zoo open to close.  (and even then, they wanted to stay!)
This is what Sofie calls, "Take a picture of my FASHION."

 I don't think the girls have EVER had so much fun on a merry-go-round.  It was like the fact that it was making me ridiculously nauseous (I ALWAYS make someone else take them on the merry-go-round, but there WAS no one else!) made it ridiculously extra fun for them!


I love the Columbus Zoo (if you ever have a chance to go...just SO good!)








She's doesn't even look like the toddler I think of her as, and I know new Nora will just eccentuate how old and big my girls are getting!


So thankful for the challenge and great joy this dear girl has been in our lives.  All the challenging parenting situations I just judgmentally KNEW how to handle for others prior to Sofie fell by the wayside Sofie's second week, and since, it's been all grace and patience and His marvelous love.  She has grown me so much, and how beautiful the picture has developed of the Father's love for challenging me.

And she loves SO fiercely.  
Poor Matt, her greatest love, has missed every single birthday since her birth, which just kills him...So thankful this birthday is, Lord willing, the LAST one he will miss.  Next summer, doctorate done!

No comments:

Post a Comment