Pages

20 January 2015

update

Thank you for all your prayers as Matt's been gone!  He's doing well...having lots of big adventures including motorcycles with no brakes and meeting 45 new students (and 2 of our own Emmuaus staff), being at the Baptist Haiti Mission (a place we used to go in Port when it got too hot in the city because they had ice cream :) and teaching his first master's level class.  He's been very impressed with the students, is learning a lot more about Indiana Wesleyan's program here in Haiti, and is missing home.

Not as much as we are missing him, I'm sure!  Everyone's classes have been going very well.  This is our first group of intensive sessions where all VP's have been on track to finish on time!  It's always so hard to get everything into 10 days.  They've been loving the students and the students have been loving their classes.  So thankful for Larry, Bob, Launa, John and Miss Pam, whom the girls are particularly fond of!

After a very sick night last night, I stayed home for the first time with the girls today (which I must admit greatly renewed my long-standing desire to stay home one day a week to homeschool and be with the girls...still praying for this one!)   As I sat at home feeling awful, our dear friends in true cultural form came one by one to check on me and make sure I was ok.  As much as I never get used to having streams of visitors when I'm feeling (and looking) awful, the point, to make the sick person feel loved, I've learned to receive.

Launa's been helping with much of the cooking, Bob with all of the dishes, Abel with a lot of the driving, Emily with a lot of the hostessing, the VP's with all of the teaching.  I'm so thankful.  Very soon now I'm going to be feeling so well that no one else will have anything to do...or something like that.

Thank you for all your love and prayers, as I continue to be so thankful for little ways of seeing Him at work in those around me and for the many ways God is loving me through others.  I'm working to let Him!





1 comment:

  1. Awww... So sorry you're feeling so lousy:( I am praying for that precious little baby and you!! (well all of you really) Happy to hear you have lots of helpers!

    ReplyDelete