Pages

07 October 2014

Testimony Tuesday...meet Rose!


Meeting with Rose for an hour last week was a joy.  Soft-spoken and a seemingly naturally born leader, Rose has a high passion for the church plant recently started in Madeline, for her children, and for her fellow classmates...and her story is all but typical.

Meet Rose!
I wasn't born into a Christian family, but my family was in the church.  When I was 9, I was in the choir because I loved to sing, but we were definitely not a Christian family nor did we follow Christ in any way.  When I was 17, I had my first child, Mikael. 

When I was 19 or 20, I became pregnant with my boyfriend who was into Satanic things, same as my father's side of the family was. 

While I was carrying the baby, I was sleeping one night when an evil spirit came to me and told me to serve him.  I told him NO because he was very frightening, and now this spirit troubled me to no end. After many months, I thought for sure I was going to die, and I said a prayer of confession, and I told God if he would give me the gift of life, I would serve Him until the day I died and give him my whole life.  I asked Him to save me, because I feared hell, and I asked him to be my Savior and my Master.

When I finished praying, I saw the sky open and a person descend in my dream, and I just looked at his feet, and he said to me, "because you have called Me, I will deliver you.  The child in you shall be named Daniel, and he shall be mine."

"Will YOU be mine?" He asked, and I was healed that very night.

I woke up in the middle of the night, and when I sat up, I saw a great light in our house.

Not long after, my child was born, and I named him Daniel, and in that same moment I truly answered Him, "YES, I will serve you, and all of my children."

It was that child, my son Daniel, who caused me to come to Jesus.  Since then, I have been in the Gospel.

I married in 2000, and have had five more children.

In 2010, my oldest daughter, Mikael, was studying in Port-au-Prince when the earthquake happened.  I went to Port to find her, and never found her or her body.

It was through that devastating event in my life that God starting calling me to full-time ministry.  I love to preach and share and serve in my church, I love to go on missions and work in my community and in other's communities.  But I just didn't want to go into full time ministry because I had children and so many needs.  My husband hadn't worked for 9 years, and I was the provider in our family selling things and doing some small business...just enough to feed my kids.  I didn't feel like I had the time or the provision.

But after 2010, when my dear one died, the Lord made it clear to me that He had been calling me, and I was being disobedient.

I kept trying to serve Him, but in my own ways, and in the ways that I wanted.

I was afraid classes would be too hard.  I was afraid the work would be too hard.  I was afraid that full time ministry would be too hard.  I was afraid I couldn't take care of my children.  I was afraid that I'd have to step out too much on faith.
I didn't feel I could.

But God was still asking me for my praise.  He put His praise in my life, a vision for His kingdom, a realization that the victims of the earthquake were STILL in His hands.  He made me realize that HE was MORE than my lost child, MORE than the people who had died, MORE than my plans and MORE than my fears.

Those realizations He gave me changed everything.  I stood in my church and shared those things, and many were crying and comforted and then converted.  I left church and came to Emmaus the next day to get information.

And here I am, fully abandoned.

In March, my small group from my church in Cap-Haitian planted a small church under a tree in Madeline and started meeting there regularly.  My pastor came and preached the opening service for me, and a singing group from the church, and I tell you, every Sunday I am there, there is someone who comes to the Lord.  God told me He would send people to become the church, and that is what He has done. 

I know that if God has called me to the Seminary and to full time ministry, AND HE HAS, that He will care for me and my children and my family and all of my fears. 

The first class I took at the Seminary was missiology with Pastor Junior at the start of August, and already this class has changed everything about how I look at the mission of our little church, and God's mission for Haiti and for me.  


If you have any problems or questions or need help, please email and we'll get right back to you!

1 comment: