Pages

23 September 2014

blessed by Him

I KNOW I just posted, but I want to start your day the same day mine just started...

A very hopeless second year student came today to close his student file.  After tons of grace and extensions from EBS and tons of searching on his part, he just simply could NOT find the money for this semester AND care for his wife and children.

When students heard he was here to close his file, and that he owed a whopping 7500 gdes ($170.45) for the whole semester and had yet to pay a penny, and that our "help" envelope from yesterday (see "new day") was $70 short, his class came with all the money they had, and several staff members with clutches from their salaries.

All totally 7462 gdes...within $1 of what he owed.

They handed him the bulging envelope of love and sacrifice, and he carried it like gold to my office to pay...a huge bill he never could have addressed on his own, suddenly paid in full by no effort of his own and by the grace of his community.

It looked a lot like Jesus.

Off he runs to class, speechless and in tears, and as I hear his classmates erupt with joy down the hall when he enters, I am blessed by Him.






1 comment: