Pages

16 September 2013

together.

What a busy busy weekend!

  
My family was all together in Philly.  And I don't know what it is, but when they're together, it's REALLY hard not to be there.  
And our brand new little niece, Lucia Brielle, joined the world this morning...and when Matt's family is all together, and growing, it's really hard not to be THERE.   
Look how CHILL she is!!  Isn't she beautiful??

So instead, we took all the visitors here:
which of course...was really nice, too.






It was an especially beautiful day, and coming home back through town reminded me how complicated and beautiful life in Haiti is.
Yep, that's a smashed up fire truck.  It's been sitting in the center of town here for weeks now.  I don't know.



Matt was then incredibly sick all day Sunday...yeah, he's still not back up to par, and the beach day and dehydration about wiped him out entirely!  So, the girls and I joined several students and VP's for church here in Saccanville, and cared for Matt and the visiting professors the rest of the day...Mexican casserole with tortillas, then meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, rolls and homemade ice cream with Bananas Flambe!  It was a busy day!

This morning, one visitor headed back to Kansas, and 20 minutes later, a new visitor came...so we're all rounded out and heading into a busy new week!  



1 comment:

  1. I can't thank you enough for your generous hospitality. I can't even imagine how much work it must be, on top of trying to find enough time for family. I know that just saying it doesn't mean as much as I'd like it to, but THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete