Pages

20 September 2013

Go show.

As I sat down with my Bible and O. Chambers today, I started to copy verses and prayers that touched and stretched my heart as always...only to find myself entirely copying out September 20th from My Utmost for His Highest.  There is something in this post from Chambers for YOU...or he wrote it entirely for me.  Which I guess is possible :)

What a powerful reminder of what our testimony is to be...not because we are good or better, but because He is Perfect.

Our Lord's exhortation to us is to be generous in our behavior toward everyone.  

Everyone has natural affections--some people we like and others we don't.  

But those likes and dislikes cannot rule our Christian life.  The example our Lord gave us is not that of a good person, or even of a good Christian, but of God Himself...to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:48).

Simply show others what God has shown to you.

God will give you plenty of real life opportunities to prove whether or not you are perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.  Being a disciple means deliberately identifying yourself not in YOUR interest in others, but in God's.

The true expression of Christian character is not in good doing, but in God-likeness.  If the Spirit of God has transformed you within, you will exhibit divine characteristics in your life, not just good human characteristics.  

God's life in us expresses itself as GOD's life, not as human life trying to be godly.

The secret of a Christian's life is that the supernatural becomes natural in him as a result of the grace of God, and the experience of this becomes evident in the practical, everyday details of life.


What has God shown you?  



2 comments:

  1. That will certainly be rumbling around in my little brain today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was written for me too! ;) Someone gave me his devotional a long time ago and after reading your posts I dug it out. So very insightful, he doesn't mince words. I love it!!! Thank you for sharing!!! And I am continuing to pray for Kerline and her little one.

    ReplyDelete