Pages

16 April 2013

I love

...the way everyone calls Emanie (2nd year student) MaPas "Pastor's Wife" and she calls everyone pit'um or "my child".  Everyone.  Without fail.

...the way Micheline's smile radiates humility, sweetness and peace, every single smile.

...the way Sofie puts "my" before everything.  My body. My mommy.  My Lily.  My shirt. My shoes.  My happy.  My book.  I love you, My Daddy.  I want that, my cookie.  My hug my Junior.

...that Uncle Don is coming on Friday to help out and to be family for three weeks!
...the way I found Lily in the kitchen at 6 am this morning with a pair of scissors and a box of candy.  

...the joyful, though hesitant, excitement at Maxi's house.  After 10 years of marriage and multiple miscarriages and years without pregnancy, Kerline is officially 3 months gwo vant...pregnant!
...that ever since I agreed to be the Maren for the fourth year class for graduation, every time they pass by my door, they wave fiercely and greet me: "Good Morning, My Godmother!"  I feel like I should have a wand.

...walking out our door each morning to five or six plump green mangos nestled in the wet grass, fallen overnight, ready for breakfast!  Almost like manna...
...Giselaine's testimony this morning that her struggling sister with a husband in jail and five children, after finding radical love and generous support from her family, asked Giselaine to come Sunday and lead her to a new life in Christ!
Giselaine and her three children

...the Spirit of Christ that is alive and well and radiating in so many of our staff and students at EBS.  The men and women THESE men and women are discipling: countless.  The community projects and ministry outreaches and Bible studies and prayer meetings these brothers and sisters are facilitating: countless.  The Biblical preaching and redeemed living and set apart choosing these family are doing: countless.  What a gift to be plopped in the middle and entwined with them each as His body!















1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful things!!! LOVE, love, love Lily and her candy...hahahaha! And oh So wonderful about Kerline!! I will be praying for her that baby non-stop!

    ReplyDelete