I can still hear her belting it out until we started to comply with the counting. The reminder to dwell on what God has done is still so vital in my day-to-day! So here's a start...
1) Cooking supper and having access to ALL the ingredients in Asian Orange Chicken. (or having access to all the ingredients of ANY recipe!)
2) A billion ducks at the pond today...Sofie's favorite word...DUCK! DUCK!
3) J,J,J & J's house
4) Dad back from Kentucky
5) Two healthy, beautiful, God's children
6) A full speaking schedule this summer! (It's changed a bit...check out our updated schedule and additions at the end of this post!) It's about to get really busy, but we're so excited to share some of what God's doing with so many of you!
7) This opportunity Matt has to be studying and researching and interacting with other brains in England!
8) A great, newsy letter from someone we've never met who supports us
9) People support us
10) Lisa Notstarkey
11) The chance to talk to Cammie for a bit yesterday
12) My sister and Adam coming to town tomorrow!
13) God's shared Sofie with us for a YEAR on Monday!
14) My best friend Bex coming next week
15) The chance these quieter days is giving me to reflect on this past year and all that God has been nudging in my heart
16) The opportunity to talk to friends in Haiti every few days
17) A van to use when we're home so we aren't homebound
18) Lily calling the raccoons that keep destroying our garbage "Rat-Coons". Hey, rats are all she's ever known.
19) Moose Tracks and Mud Pie Slow Churned in the freezer
20) My Utmost for His Highest (check out today's here!) continuing to challenge and change my heart after all these years
21) Zucchini. and watermelon.
22) The opportunity to see some great friends that I haven't seen since...high school?...on Saturday
23) A great email from Matt Laff
24) Roasting marshmallows....and have you seen the jumbo ones?? oh man.
25) Jenn and her ever-loving family
26) I'm not sitting here sweating like a pig (not that you're pigs, Haiti friends, but I know you're sweatin')
27) Our pediatrician friend from the East coast being willing to see--and immunize--the girls when our regular pediatrician here is booked until August...yay, Lee!
28) Watching and hearing Lily miss Haiti, and realizing that God has even provided peace for HER.
29) Having a husband and father whom we are blessed to miss terribly
30) Your prayers...what a gift, what a blessing.
What's your list look like???
Ayars Updated Speaking Schedule
JULY 26...return to Haiti!