Pages

09 February 2010

Earthquake survivor, 4 weeks out...

I've heard from several people now today about this, but cannot find it anywhere on the news, so, I don't want to give any details as factual yet. However, it is just TOO good not to share...

Apparently, a survivor, a man, was found today in the rubble of Port-au-Prince. He had been buried in a building, absolutely "known" to be dead, and today as they were clearing out the rubble and blocks and metal from that building, they found him. ALIVE. Exactly four weeks from the day he was buried.

He had had NO food, NO access to water, etc. He is understandably very emaciated and was about starved to death, but alive. I have heard that he was not (don't know about now) a Christian.

Obviously, this story is impossible.

After being taken to the hospital, they asked him how in the WORLD he had gotten water, because he could not have lived 4 weeks without water, and there has been no rain, and this is what he said, "Every two or three days, a man, all dressed in white, came to me and brought me water."

"This cannot be," they told him. "You were entirely buried. NO one could have gotten to you."

"Every two or three days, a man, dressed all in white, brought me water to drink. See for yourself: I am alive."


As that there is NO WAY this could be true aside from a miracle of God, this might be why I can't find it on the news :) If Lazarus was DEAD, for heavens sakes...

I'll let you know if I hear any more about this, but even after hearing of it several times today, I have still have goosebumps while typing.

What I know for sure, Oprah, is this: I have read and believed hundreds of greater miracles than this in the Word of God. I have seen and experienced Him do things no man could do in my life and in the lives of those around me, just one of these being taking on MY sins so that I can be in relationship with GOD. And I have heard and seen with my eyes miracle after miracle these last days of many who were dead come to find LIFE in Christ...

so why not this?




4 comments:

  1. It's being reported on the networks - just like you said, except the doctors say he was hallucinating about the man bringing him water. S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said when I first heard about it (before the reports of a man in a white coat) "I believe he was given water by an angel." When I heard that he'd told the Docs he was given water by a man in a white coat, I cried and got goose-bumps. They may want to claim it was hallucinations. The fact remains--you do not live for a month without water in good circumstances, let alone in heat and dust and so on. I still believe. If God could send the ravens with food for his prophet, why not water for this man? If he's not a Christian, God must have His puposes for this man--I pray he finds the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/02/08/haiti.rescue/index.html

    here it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue (and Jack)February 11, 2010

    Our news here in NJ stated that the man said he crawled to a puddle. Why are they so afraid of the truth? Jesus saves. Pure and simple.
    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete