Pages

12 July 2023

birthdays

I have been having a hard time keeping up with myself the last overly-full days. I ended up laying in the middle of the floor for four minutes yesterday, and H says, "I don't think I've ever seen you lay down!" :). School is looming and I'm not ready!  Monday we finally applied for Emma's passport and renewed Ben's. The afternoon was spent at the uniform store with the girls (please, never again), and Tuesday the girls had school workouts and our small group hosts ended up with bad pink eye and it was moved to our house...cooking dinner and cleaning and hosting 30 people last minute (I'm a planner!) had me wiped, and then once everyone was down last night there were two birthday cakes to make. 

Today was Ben and A's 5th and 11th birthday pool party, so I iced Mario and Luigi and sprinkled purple and blue sprinkles and today took 15 kiddos to the pool.  The sleepover girls are watching yet another horse movie behind me and I'm grateful for all my babes and ready for BED.  

I never would have dreamed last birthday at the pool, 10, that we'd be there again celebrating tonight. I never imagined my baby boy'd be five, living life to the full like no one I've ever met....Ben on his birthday is almost too much to handle :)

One girl is playing volleyball and two others running cross country, and suddenly all the school things are upon us though I like to refuse start the year before August. June and July should be SUMMER, long and full! We still have an awful lot the next few days, but then we are off to Aunt Sharon's river house, and I'm so looking forward to a few days away...I am going to lay on the floor! Stepping into a different reality, just for a few days, can be so good.  It will not be quiet, and not the beach, but I know the Lord can handle my dreams and burdens and give us each what is needed! 

SO thankful for family like Aunt Sharon who bring us in, for Gaga and Lady Jane who got here today to bring a little boy thoughtful gifts, for friends for our kiddos (even when it's crazy) and for His Word, my only rock these days and all!






3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 14, 2023

    Tristan would LOVE Ben's cake!! Happy bday to A, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 16, 2023

    I remember the days when all the girls were in different activities! Busy!!!!

    ReplyDelete