Pages

17 June 2023

storms and sunshine

After working on it for an additional three hours, Matt bought me a new dishwasher for our anniversary.  Eighteen years is supposed to be something ceramic, but I'm very very happy with something that washes the dishes of at least nine people at least three times a day. We've had several more severe, major storms, all of central Mississippi taking turns without power. Massive trees down, hail, winds, almost every night...so bizarre. The power and tree companies cannot keep up! If you were heading to Mississippi, wait a bit...10 more days of storms in the forecast!

We have a sweet family of five staying with us tonight instead of their 100 degree home, and I'm so thankful for the houses, food, funds and friends He gives us all to give back and back again.

Tomorrow Lily is off to adventure camp, tenting, white water rafting, caving, all new people, all new places. She's a brave one, this one, and I'm going to miss her dearly loved self. This week I also have OMS board meetings in Greenwood, Indiana, Emma turns one, Matt's the speaker at the AIM conference in Alabama and all the normal life with seven kiddos. 

I'm having trouble keeping up with my heart this Father's Day. Every year the last 20 my sister and I have already had that same old conversation. It's Father's Day, followed closely by Dad's birthday, and he's not a stuff guy...what do we get him? 

It's weird that it doesn't matter this year. It's weird we're not doing that anymore. It's weird calling his phone and listening to his voicemail, again, so so Dad, so five minutes ago. Where did this come from? How'd we get here? 

How is the person to call on Father's Day now somehow my sister, except we won't, because her voice will make me cry and mine, her?

I will make breakfast for many, and breathe in the sweet worship of gathering together and studying His Word. We'll celebrate Matt, so dearly loved, takes care of us so well...drive Lily to camp, make pork loin and sweet potatoes for family dinner and love on Mr. Henry, too, and another hard day will pass and I'll see him again and one day my heart won't hurt so much.  I wish genuine gratefulness for the kind of dad my dad was somehow pushed out all the sadness. Somehow they are both full and coexist and His kingdom is both now, and not yet.

Emmaline is ALL the one year old things...hilarious, a major copy-cat, so loved by her five sisters and brother, ornery, into everything she shouldn't be, climbing it all, eating it all, chattering, being a ham. This child. The Lord knew she's make me old and tired, but she brings us all such joy.

The Father could never love you any more or any less than He does right this moment. There is nothing you could do to earn or find a little bit more of His love, nor anything you can fail to somehow diminish His everlasting love. All of being completely loved is entirely complete in Him. Right now. You are dearly and bottomlessly and forever, completely loved. 


Somebody needs to hear that tonight. 

O God, make me worthy of this calling, that the name of Jesus may be glorified in me and I in him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment