Pages

05 August 2022

moving in grace

 Oh, these dear kiddos...everyone is at their max, and no one can find their _______, and we're just hanging on grace and momentum. The Lord is helping me to stop and help them work through it in high emotion moments (or at least by the end of the day), and I'm thankful for all the rich conversations that have come with this challenging season.

We sure miss Matt. This is an awful big thing to do without him, and I'm reminded how much stability kids glean just from mom and dad being in the home and in their lives. I could be a rockstar, but these kiddos still need dad very much.

He is preaching two-three times every day and the Lord's been showing up. I keep making decisions without him, so hopefully I'm not messing anything up too badly...I sure am learning a lot about power, water, paint, floors, gas, plumbing and freezers!

The rich point this week has been dad and Cindy being here.

These aren't exactly fun days with dad, but they are GOOD, and they are both taking the time to get some stuff done and also slow down for and with the kids. They have worked hard to love on our new three well and to still focus on the "old" four, and that takes a lot of intentionality and patience. 

When Dad told us he had cancer, and we told him we were pregnant, I sure didn't know if he'd been bouncing this chubby baby one day, and seeing him with the kids just works on all my heart. I am thankful for the grace of a godly and loving and wise dad in my life, every day.  My mom was a rockstar, but I sure still have always needed this faithful father. 

In the end...moving, Matt gone, Dad and Cindy here, Nikki here, no one sleeping well, trying to sell and show the house, everyday girl drama, wasp stings, fussy baby, school starting Tuesday...the Lord is strongly spread through the people and the days and the work, and I am abundantly thankful for His solid foundation and undercurrent in our lives.

Please pray for us tomorrow (Saturday), the big move, and I am praising the Lord for the community of people showing up in little and large ways to get this done, but more, to love us like Jesus does...big, unmerited, sacrificial and WELL.








1 comment:

  1. Praying for you in the early watch if the morning.

    ReplyDelete